Source Filmmaker in Black Mesa?

Following the release of Meet the Pyro, we all know that Source Filmmaker is now released as a beta. I was wondering if the Black Mesa team will be able to implement the replay system into Black Mesa Deathmatch and implement Source Filmmaker into Black Mesa.

I’m not very sure if the SFM team will be releasing the codes for the replay system, but to be sure I sent them an email.

Maybe with SFM, The Devs will be able to make a better intro/teaser for Black Mesa’s release.

Well if they do make a trailer they might be able to make some use of it. Though don’t get your hopes up.

And what is SFM?

Source Film Maker :stuck_out_tongue: .

Well as long as it shows the actual gameplay I’ll be fine. Though, I don’t think they wouldn’t use use actual gameplay.

I think your best bet for this happening is if the Source Film Maker gets added to Garrys Mod.
The Black Mesa mod is on the Source 2007 game engine while Source Film Maker only exists in the 2009 version.

Isn’t Source Filmmaker only for TF2 movies?

Yeah, that’s why Valve used it to make the Left 4 Dead and Portal 2 trailers.

No. People have just been obsessed with making TF2 vids for some reason.

seems like you can load any source map…

Out of the box it only TF2 assets but you can import any you want. The fact that most people have taken the lazy option shouldn’t be a surprise.

well sfm started as a form to make tf2 trailers but now Valve can use it for more things like portal and such… yet I don’t think black mesa will use SFM…

SFM is currently only officially supporting TF2 (but with a brain and at least one working eye you can get other assets from other games) though I believe with time, the game will ask which game you want to use upon startup, and at that time will load the assets for that game, and allow your actor player model to be different from simple TF2 characters.

You can’t implement SFM into Black Mesa because SFM is a tool on its own. There isn’t even a Valve game with SFM. All the choreography is done by the given tools in the Source SDK. SFM can only be used to make prerecorded videos that can be replayed but not in game because cutscenes are not in the nature of neither Valve nor the BM team.

Yeah, once SFM goes public I’m pretty sure they’ll add the ability to use other source game assets.

But right now you can import assets from other games or mods via copy and paste.

^ Do you even know what you’re talking about?

Wait, he didn’t know what he was talking about? That means I don’t even know what I’m talking about! Though I’m pretty sure he did know what he was talking about, because I too was talking about that. So are you sure you know what you’re talking about?

Nobody ITT has SFM yet. :frowning:

Nope :frowning:

Yes I don’t have it too.

Valve has already stated that the SFM will be able to use assets from any source game and you can use it to render films from that material. They even went as far as to say that you can use it to make money from your videos as long as you aren’t using any of Valve’s material. That says to me that it can be used with anything under the sun. It doesn’t need to be implemented in to a game, the assets from said game need to be implemented into SFM.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.