Prospekt - new Half Life 2 based game

So a new game called Prospekt has been released on Steam.

it is made by one guy, called Richard Seabrook.

In short:
The entire game is a sequel to the Half Life: Opposing Force game.
You play as Adrian Shepherd, an US Marine that has been teleported
to the Half Life 2 time and space to help out Gordon Freeman in the Nova
Prospekt Combine prison.

I am definitely interested in it, and i am gonna try it out.

What do you guys think?

On the Steam page for the game, you have listed all the features.

I played OF before, but i’m gonna play it again, just so i remember how the story went.

I didn’t buy it yet, I’m waiting first for it to come out and see how exactly it looks like and if it’s worth.

However I’m very curious if it will live up to the premise and more importantly, the price. 10E is too much imo (so far) for a game that doesn’t seem to have more than a couple of reskins, levels and particles.

Speaking about Opposing Force sequels, has anyone else played this -> https://www.moddb.com/mods/awakening

The voice acting is simply terrible in this mod, but the levels and story are pretty good. And so is the soundtrack. Spine-shaking sometimes and full of emotion, damn.

Well to me the 10€ price is fair, since it’s done by one man and by the screenshots and video it all fits together nicely.
To me the 10€ price is not fair because Richard stated that the game is in similar length as HL2: EP 1. So very short.

Really?
I’ll give that a try aswell.

I hated Opposing Force so I’m not interested…
No? I guess I can’t lie to save my life :smiley:

I’m very interested to dive in and take a look, might hold back for a little bit though before grabbing it, not due to the price, but I have a nice pile of work to get through first.

QUICK EDIT.

Hmm, it’s only £6.75 while it’s on sale here in the UK, might just grab now actually :smiley:

HL2 mod that looks about the same as your average HL2 mod a decade ago, priced at HL2’s level.
I think I’ll pass. Perhaps later on if the reviews are overwhelmingly positive I’ll give it a second look, but as it stands it seems I’ve already played plenty of its type. Looking at it I seriously doubt this mod will offer anything unique or interesting that deviates from your run of the mill HL2-based mod.

My exact thoughts, unfortunately.

I bought it, but I need to wait till the 18th to play it

I bought it, here is and interview with the dev
https://lambdageneration.com/community/half-life/interview-with-prospekt-developer-richard-seabrook/

Well the game is out now, and apparently it got pretty negative reviews like this one for example.

Yeah, reviews are basically saying exactly what I was expecting. Again, I’ll pass.

Xen was a big disappointment. You know something’s wrong when it looks uglier than games made 18 years ago. Jeez, I could make something better than this (in black mesa)[/size]!

There. Made it in about 3 hours, It’s not perfect, never intended to be, but the point is source engine is capable of doing better than… this (disclaimer: i did not take ‘this’ pic, was taken from google). And even if it wasn’t for godrays, it still would look better. And it makes a smile on my face.

Yes,its poorly designed,yes AI is pretty stupid and yes this mod is too short for his price.But,have mercy, he worked on this for 2 years,this is his job, a dream,so you just invest in his future.It’s some kind of charity in my opinion.Give him a chance.

Many people have poured years into a hobby. “I spent time on it” isn’t a valid excuse to be exempt from criticism. I worked on HC for 3 years, that doesn’t mean it’s worth someone’s money.

“Charity.” My charity funds go to Kiva, not a guy who wants to make sub-par mods so he doesn’t have to work (and that is in his own given reason). I’d be singing a different tune if his product was quality to some degree, but he’s not presenting anything that makes me even want to play his work, let alone fund his future work.

Yeah it really isn’t catching me as something to buy and play, I’ve got a backlog of mods I’d rather download and playthrough.

Thing is, was there a free version of this beforehand? Because if there was there would’ve been feedback to improve it, this appears to be more of a first release to players of any kind, doesn’t even seem play tested.

And here i thought that this game would be fantastic.
So much for the fantasy dreaming…

I never expected the game to be great either. All the trailer showed were a couple of reskins and new particle effects, way to few to raise up any kind of hype.

May be his dream and so on, and I respect that, but, it didn’t live up to the expectations. The game is a disappointment.

And this. I personally agree with his opinion.

I don’t want to be mean, but these are just the facts.

Thats’it , the main problem of this mod is that we did not have any kind of free version or trial version to test it,so he got 0 feedback from us about level desigh and gameplay.

Xen, it was so bad and also i love the fact that your character seems to be made out of metal in the game there.

[attach=4560,none,1366][/attach][attach=4561,none,1366][/attach][attach=4562,none,1366][/attach][attach=4563,none,1366][/attach][attach=4564,none,1366][/attach][attach=4565,none,1366][/attach][attach=4566,none,1366][/attach]

Holy crap Xen looks horrible.
Protip, developer - before quitting your job and working on this game for 2 years, spend a few years actually learning level design before selling a map pack.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.