BBMIP 15

Got some time this week so the redo of the console models is now 2/3 done. Same story as console2 from a couple of weeks ago. Basic model stayed the same, details and textures are all new.

There are also alternate textures for off.

Going to get started on console3 here tomorrow.

Until you started this blog, I had no idea how many distinct console models populate the Black Mesa facility. It’s really amazing how much love goes into even the things we as players only occasionally notice.

Love the series. Keep 'em coming!

All told there are probably 45ish consoles in the game maybe more.

I love these little preview pics of what’s happening! And they are looking great!

Hell yeah XD

Great job bk! Keep 'em coming!

This series is really the only reason I come back to these forums anymore until release. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t tell that to Chon…lol

</3 :’(

If it’s any consolation, I don’t come back to this forum for either of you. :smiley:

It seems you love slidey dials and knobs. :slight_smile:

Consolation. Console-ation. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Well there are only so many choices for industrial type gauges and dials if you want to stay in a 1950-1990 range.

Could you post an image of the original model with the old textures for comparison sake like you have done in other blog posts?
Also, amazing work, man! :smiley:

Sorry didn’t take one…they are overwritten now. Someone else may have the mod installed maybe they can.

Already have Hammer open, so might as well.

The new models look much better and will fit the Black Mesa atmosphere more, but I’m definitely going to miss the whimsical displays and colors of the old models :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to be gone for the next few days for the holiday so no work getting done. Got the 3 set of consoles modeled and diffuse blocked out. Should be a quick run through dDo later to finish them off. No screen and keyboard textures (are place holder). Spec is disabled.

Looks very nice and clean. Exactly what I’d expect from Anomalous Materials.

Ok got back today and finished these off.
console03a has new 2nd texture option

console03b, with animated screens and 2nd texture option

console03c also with 2nd texture option.

squeals Okay ignoring the giddiness, think you can shove out a gif or something of it in action? I’m a little curious.

Sorry you are just going to have to wait lol.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.