Axel Project

Okay.It’s short comment about Half-Life 2 Beta it seems somebody delete progress of half-life 2 beta maps.Fortunetely it’s separeted from my half-life 2 steam and non-steam version my brother upload his games secong time because last time i want to rid off half-life 2 from game mods.It seems somebody canceled progress of this “mod”?

I don’t even.

Please help me solve this problem?

Whenever I see threads like this I have to wonder, can these people even read and understand the responses they’re given?

Hilariously, I was one of two programmers on The Axel Project. The project is dead. We’ve moved onto bigger and better things.

Did the team release anything on the internet besides the release 2 after the project’s demise?

So former versions were complete maps in 100%?

No.

I don’t remember. It’s been a very long time. The problem it looks like you’re having in your picture is because you didn’t copy in the HL2 beta. You’re supposed to unzip the HL2 beta (Anon) into a folder, then copy in The Axel Project R2 and hit ‘yes’ when asked to replace files.

General rule, folks:

The HL2 Beta leak is kinda not kosher for a variety of reasons. [COLOR=‘Red’]No links, direct or indirect, to it.

Hey man! Long time no see.

Funnily enough, I do have a copy of some updated binaries circa late 2011. Would have to check with the rest of the old team to see if it’s OK to release. Obviously no links will be posted in this thread as discussed above if I get the go ahead though :wink:

I thought the team went defunct around 2009 or so after R2

Gabe officially stated that he has absolutely no problem with people downloading, distributing, modifying or playing the beta of Half-Life 2. What he did say he had a problem with - is people downloading, distributing, and modifying the leaked code for the Source Engine.

As far as Gabe is concerned - he said 'Have at it!" why can’t we post direct links if the developer of the game said it’s absolutely okay?

Because that’s the forum rules.

The administrators said no. So, no.

Understood.

Forum rules - so I won’t do it. But I stand by my point.

It’s far easier to just follow reasonable blanket rules than to try and come up with exceptions every time a developer takes a different stance.

Also, even if GabeN himself isn’t gonna get the FBI on the case again, I think it’s still technically not really legal to distribute.

So, dumb question, but I’m really bad when it comes to taking things literally/at face value. I get that redistributing the beta is a no-no - is discussion about it allowed?

For that matter, does the HL1 alpha/tech demo fall under the same rules?

Discussion is okay. No links, though.

OOOOhhhh! That means this applies to the Black Mesa Alpha Leak right?

We can’t talk about the leak because it is illegal to our hearts. <\3

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.