I’m using the SDK 2013 version from tuxxi and the proper Propper entities (ha ha) are showing up in Hammer, but the tool itself exits immediately after being run with an error code of -1073741819.
It doesn’t work with our engine version.
What some team members have done is set up a Source 2007 mod using the Source SDK, called “Propper”. And then copied all of Black Mesa’s assets into Propper’s folders, and then used that version of Hammer to run Propper.
Got it working as you suggested with the 2013 version. For posterity, here’s all the steps in one place:
- Download “Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer” from the Steam tools menu.
- Run the SDK base at least once so that it drops the necessary files.
- Download the Propper 2013 fork from https://github.com/tuxxi/propper-2013/releases/
- Move the propper.exe and propper.fgd files to Steam/steamapps/common/Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer/bin
- Run Hammer from the executable in the same bin folder.
- In the Hammer options menu, click ‘add’ and select propper.fgd
- Restart Hammer
- Click ‘run map’ and check ‘advanced’.
- Click ‘edit’ next to ‘configurations’, make a new configuration named ‘propper’ (or whatever name), and select it.
- In the ‘command’ window, hit ‘cmds’, select ‘executable’, and select the propper.exe file you dropped.
- In ‘parameters’, enter
-game $gamedir $path\$file.