Filip Victor's Half Life 2 Update is released

https://store.steampowered.com/app/290930/

:thumbsup:

Fuckin A. Does it cover the episodes as well? I can’t look on my phone.

[tt][/tt]

No. It only covers Half-Life 2.

Aww that’s a bummer, but hey, at least it makes HL2 look nicer.

True.

Here’s a TechSpot story about the mod:

Half-Life 2 gets a visual makeover in this awesome mod

The biggest difference I noticed so far is the lighting. The daylight is bright but the dark indoor areas are REALLY dark.

I have been playing it a bit and it is pretty nice! Nice enough that now I want some texture updates as well. Does anyone know where some texture mods might be? No Fake Factory stuff please.

The episodes already use HDR rendering, and any changes not related to that would make a trivial difference at best; so there isn’t much point in revamping them as well.

The water and lightning was the best improved… hnnngg

Is Filip Victor developing this mod any further?

1. His wave’s water foam washing up on shore during the Highway 17 chapter is really nice.
  2. As well. his flies fluttering around dead decomposing bodies is a nice realistic touch. I’m bobbing my head and swatting my monitor . . .

Hey Filip, I’ve found a host of obvious fixes that need to be included in your next release. Contact me by PM for the lowdown. It’s legit stuff.

I have him on Steam and in the past I have some chats with him about the mod and the improvements needed

Thanks for the info Dragunov2.
[/size]Filip Victor, please contact me. I have about 100-125 noticeable issues that should be fixed to greatly benefit and improve the look and integrity for the next release of your stellar Half-Life 2 Update mod. I’ve been playing and truly enjoying it for the past week - but some NAGGING visual issues still exist. Please, drop me a line.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.