BBMIP 2.1

[sup]Been working on several things after taking a bit of a break. Most of the things were skybox models. This was one that wasn’t. [/sup]
Just a Shot with AO.

Base textures (no grunge)

Final hlmv shot.

Looks good. Is explosive I take it?

Edit: Though, hate to be that guy, but, typically tires have all sorts of information written on their side. Manufacturer, size, recommended PSI, etc. Unsure if the texture’s large enough for those details to be put on.

A truck!!! A truck!!! We finally get a truck!!!

Would you be willing to make a cargo-container variant? Black Mesa seems to be suffering from an alarming deficit of ways to actually move cargo from outside the facility to inside…

Would be blurry and then there would also be legal issues with using any names of real companies etc. Just easier to not have it.

You could simply use some BM dev nickname (or anything similar) as manufacturer name. Would avoid the problem of using real company names and still give some additional detail.

Aw man, I love it!

You mean like the one here?

[attach=4165,none,620][/attach]

Not sure why they took out those trucks- like you said, Black Mesa probably would need some way to move around all that cargo. Sure the devs had a reason for doing so, but it would still be nice to see them again (or at least something like them).
36702.jpg

B-E-A-UTIFUL!

From looks of it, the truck got jet fuel in the tank. Does this mean, that you plan to make an airport section in Surface Tension?
By the way, nice to finally see something without Black Mesa logo. For me it felt somehow wrong to see everything in BM complex made under Black Mesa logo.

How very observant!

You might also notice Brian pointed out that he’s been making a lot of skybox props recently. I wonder what that could mean…

That screenshot was taken back when the mod required players to own HL2 and CS:S, rather than just have the SDK base installed. It’s Counter-Strike content, which means they couldn’t legally use it without mounting it.

To referece Wasteland: “There is a flickering screen with an indirect tease of a potential official Surface Tension uncut in your near future. You shiver with anticipation!”

Edit: Also, great model, bk! Looking forward to see them in ACTION…literally! moar please!

I would imagine that that whole underground network of cargo moving would take it from a central point to where ever. Also I made a bunch of ex military trucks maybe you noticed them all over the map. :wink:

The Uncut version had some kind of airport, but unreachable (plane which leaves and hangarbay with jets, so I guess we gonna have some access to an airport now

So those military trucks were not all brought in when the Marines invaded…

That’s actually really good to know when I finally get around to pre-disastering the High-Security Storage Facility and so forth.

BM has a military base aswell

I always thought the Black Mesa branding/logo made sense on most products it was on across the game. Doesn’t always mean Black Mesa produced it, it could very well just mean they ordered custom products from manufacturers with the Black Mesa logo on it. The gas truck would be a stretch, though.

Also, I gotta give huge props for using a US-equivalent of “Northern Petrol” from Half-Life 2! Great attention to detail, and a little bridge that helps the two games feel more cohesive.

I look at the logo as something you do when you buy a piece of equipment. If you look at all State vehicles they have either a State seal on the door or the logo of the Dept that it belongs to like TDOT etc. Has nothing to do with who made it just that is something you do so it doesn’t “run off”.

Ah. I kind of figured it was for legal reasons.

Still would kind of like to see a delivery truck of some sort. Not saying you HAVE to make one, just saying it might be nice to have a few around.

Well when you look at the things that have logos on them in-game, they aren’t always the things that I would expect to be “named” under that paradigm:

I could see control panels and computers having logos, not necessarily worked into their design but stenciled or stickied on, because those are expensive, semi-portable devices and would need to be tagged. However, the only logos on them are the manufacturer’s. The security vans and electric trams do have the appropriate labeling, though, so props there.

I always thought the HEV suit was partially developed at Black Mesa, so it makes sense for the control systems to have BM and DoE logos on them.

Assuming the “mac blesa” fire extinguishers are sort of a joke, that leaves among small items the calculators and water-cooler tanks. Calculators I get, as it probably is a good idea to tag them and prevent people from stealing them, and failing that they could always be some sort of commemorative giveaway item or something weird like that. Water tanks, though, I’m not seeing. It’s possible Black Mesa recycles the plastic tanks and actually refills them with water on-site, though, so maybe that’s why they’re labeled…?

It’s the crates and shipping containers that really baffle me. Some of them, like the “top secret” version, look like they were just labeled with the location they were going to, but the shipping containers are more graphically well-developed and so look more permanent, despite sort of by definition being the things that transport material from many other unrelated locations to the BMRF.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.