Why we need hl3

https://videosift.com/video/Why-We-Need-Half-Life-3

Someone tell that kid to place the monitor in front of him, instead of watching it from the side.

What is a kid that young doing playing an M rated game?..

Ahh, dual monitors, the poorfag’s Eyefinity. I know it well.

Beating its ass, it looks like.

1 Like

We need HL3 because I want it.

We need HL3 because we have been waiting a decade since the announcement of the next installment. Our support has gallen on deaf ears.

Let’s hope it ships with Black Mesa’s full version.

Since Valve doesn’t appear to be interested in developing anything HL related any more, or in fact any single player games, I’d put money on The Crowbar Collective being handed the HL3 portfolio.
With the success of Black Mesa, it seems entirely logical to me.

Your logic must not be the most finely honed

Explain please?

Multi-billion dollar companies don’t just randomly hand out their IP and classified works pertaining to it to tiny indie online teams, silly.

Your logic is impeccable.

Explain please?

Both of you are correct and wrong.

Yes, they wouldn’t just give it away.

But, since they are not going to do it, many people would want to,
and Crowbar Collective have already a reputiation.

My best guess is Valve is waiting for them to push the BM out completely to see how it will handle on the market.
And online.

Valve would never sell or give the HL3 IP to anyone, especially Crowbar Collective (nothing against CC).
As for them waiting to see the market response to a remake of a 20 year old game that is 12+ years in the making*, well that’s just plain laughable.[/size]

[sup]*[/sup][sub]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Mesa_(video_game) [/sub]
[sub]The Leakfree modification was announced in September 2004. Half-Life: Source Overhaul Project was announced one month later. After realizing their similar goals, project leaders for both teams decided to combine efforts; they formed a new 13-person team titled Black Mesa: Source.[/size][/sub]

Valve has no desire to create a Half Life 3. It is literally dead in the water after a cliffhanger ending. It kinda sucks but they make too much money off of steam and micro transactions in their freemium games to notice their fans and when you combine this with their total lack of structure, there is no driving force to get it done. Even after operation crowbar, Gabe just stopped talking about it all together

I never suggested that Valve would randomly hand out their IP to any old outfit, so how about a little less arrogance Crypt?
It’s not beyond the realms of possibilities for Valve and CC, or any other game studio for that matter, to work together on HL3, with Valve being the publisher. For instance, Turtle Rock studios developed Left For Dead and the game was published by Valve, which is just one example of Valve working with other devs.
It’s that kind of scenario that I’m suggesting with impeccable logic as it happens.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.