The December Update

You may have saw the crossbow update that Chon posted. We originally had two game updates planed, but decided it was better to merge them into one big update for December. We historically have been all about surprise updates, but now we want to be more open to show people that we are making progress, and to hopefully build some excitement for the December update. So throughout this month I’ll be posting previews of the coming features.

Weapon Drag
First up we added weapon drag. It’s a seemingly small feature, but I think it adds a lot. You can set how much sway you have. So you can blow it out if you love it, or turn it to zero if you hate it. There also is an editable amount of weapon bob when you walk.

New Egon Model
We made a new Egon model. It is very similar to the last one, but more polished and without the deleted back faces.

Gman Arms
We created some Gman arms, so when you select him in MP the arms are accurate. He also no longer explodes into HEV gibs :stuck_out_tongue:

Bug Fixes
-Fixed Steam Cloud
-Flashlight is now brighter and has a wider radius!
-Fixed satchel detonation to be faster and not switch mouse buttons on last satchel
-Fixed the MP5 grenade spawning from then center of the screen when fired
-Score persist on leaving and rejoining a MP match

That’s just a quick sample. I’ll be back through out the month to show off some new stuff that you guys/gals will hopefully find more and more interesting!

Thats Very nice., the Game Crashes somtimes, so Players can keep their stats. :slight_smile:
The Weapon Drag looks very cool too.

I remember the weapon drag feature back in Half-Life 2; now, present here. Good job. :slight_smile:

I hope gibs disintegrated by Gluon Gun will appear.

Love you for the drag and bob.

Nice you fixed the MP5 grenade spawn origin. I hope in future you will fix them for handgrenades and crossbow, too. The new HL2-style bob is nice aswell. Good to hear that you can regulate the bob-intensity. That’s very important for such a feature. Tbh I prefered the old gluon model but I guess it’s not too bad and I will get used to the new look.

Here are the comparison of the old and the new Gluon Gun.

Original Images:
Old: https://imgur.com/Ut3R0xL
New: https://imgur.com/gnMI2wE

New Gluon Gun looks very nice and polished, looks more like it would be produced in a scientific laboratory. Though I do like all the sticky-outy bits and grunge of the old.
Can’t wait to see the rest!

Well damn, this is truly awesome.

Don’t really know what to say about weapon bobbing though. It’ a nice addition but I didn’t really have any problems with its absence, despite the fact that yes, sometimes its lack gave the impression of very static weapons.

The only ,issue, (if I can call it so anyway) is that, compared to the other weapons, the new Gluon (at least in this stage) seems to have a much higher quality/resolution texture. But the update is not ready yet, so there’s plenty of time for improvements I guess. Can’t wait to see the new shotgun model and whatever you guys may have in store for us :slight_smile: .

Well dayum, now we have a release date for it. I’m already prepping for that workshop change!

But what if Gman was not kill?

I loved the old Gluon with the exotix model with all the ‘cool fins’ at the front

Is this update going to fix the spasming ties, or the disappearing snark (the snark model disappears if you save with it out, then reload the save, so it looks like Gordon’s clutching the air)? The loading screen text has the right sides of some letters (a, t, maybe a few others) cut off too.

I don’t understand what you are trying to say. Clarify?

Ah, that tie glitch is the single biggest issue I have with the 2015 version of Black Mesa (other than my inability to play with On a Rail Uncut and Surface Tension Uncut). I’m not sure they will fix it this update, but I hope it is addressed soon. It’s just that it is such a noticeable bug, recurring with every scientist. It didn’t occur for me in the 2012 version (although it seems to have occurred with some people in the 2012 version as well). There must be some sort of difference between the two versions that causes the bug to affect me on the 2015 version but not the 2012 version. I’d love to see what that difference is.

Different engine. Think we hacked a fix before.

Ah, I see. I temporarily forgot about the engine change between the 2012 and 2015 versions. I guess that makes fixing the problem a bit more complex…

It’s because the tie has a bone in it for physics interactions it can spas out for various reasons.

The Uncut maps still work with the steam version. On a Rail works fine, but a couple parts of Surface Tension Uncut are pretty buggy.

Uncut map support is apparently coming in the Dec update. OaRU is going to be uploaded to Workshop, and STU is apparently going to be playable in some fashion.

Wow great job on this one.
I just LOVE the weapon drag, that made the game more alive imo.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.