Patch 0.0.2

The new patch is released! Introducing Black Mesa 0.0.2!

This is a much larger patch than the last one. We hope that this patch has resolved most of the serious performance issues and stuttering in multiplayer. See the full changelog below:

Reminder

Please be sure to restart your Steam client and download the latest update. Running a dedicated server? Please be sure to run an update to bring your build up to date. Players running on the new client version will not be able to connect to out of date servers. As always, be sure to report any issues you find in our discussion forums and thank you again for the support.

Will save files from the previous version of the game still work properly on the new patch?

Yes.

Also: Holy patch notes batman.

I am ready to hop in and test the update… Who else is coming?

Also, sad to hear about the removal of dynamic lights on muzzleflashes and explosions. I suppose it was necessary for performance on servers, but any chance we can get the option of bringing it back for singleplayer?

OMG this is just 0.02 patch release, its already a lot of stuff have been changes and updated. I have a question

1. can you make the sniper in SP killable using grenades???
  2. Crossbow in MP, please remove the explosion bolts, player easily get killed by only 2-3 shot without scope.

Thanks for all the fixes and support to the community.

Loving the DREADNOUGHT on subtransit! I can’t wait to try the improved hard mode as well.

Keep up the great work as always! I’ll be looking forward to the next patch and some more user-created workshop content.

Please FIX the AI failure after quick load…

This is more of a temporary measure until we can take a closer look at the issue. If we can fix the underlying performance problem then we’ll probably bring the option back.

You guys forgot to update the loading screen for subtransit, it still shows the old tram

Just so you guys know I don’t think dynamic light muzzle flash was working on my system, I haven’t seen anyone else mention that problem.

Coming soon to a facility near you…

Choo choo motherfucker.

Nice one buddy! XD

Right after uploading patch 0.0.2 and restarting Steam I am unable to load into my saved progress via the map in “Surface Tension” where you have to avoid the many trip mines. I have several saved points into that specific map but it doesn’t matter where I am. When those save points load for that specific map the trip mines are set off automatically. Therefor every load takes me to an explosion with white everywhere. I’m wondering if there were any unintentional changes that causes the trip mines to go off.

My only option is to go back to another saved map (without the trip mine hell) and replay to that point. Unfortunately that save point is the helicopter duel. As I am playing on hard difficulty I find this to be somewhat taxing.

I thought I’d bring it up incase I’m not the only one spawning into a white abyss over and over again. Maybe those save points got corrupted somehow but I’m no expert. Any suggestions are helpful.

ParryHotter can you post your save file up for us to check out?

just wanted to say that this is a great patch! I especially like the changes to enemies in singleplayer (I also made a ranty post about that in the steam discussions :wink: and I really like that people drop their weapons now and not all their ammo.
I played Black Mesa Singleplayer after steam release already (my third playthrough in total), but because of this patch I immediately want to start a new playthrough (especially because “Hard” is harder now!)
I’m surprised that Gluon wasn’t nerfed. I mean I think the Gluon is good right now (It is supposed to be the best weapon right), but so many people on servers cry about it. In my opinion people just have the wrong expectations when playing this game, because they played too many other shooters, they need to learn when to fight a player and when to flee. I hope when you nerf Gluon you won’t break it, but you have the data you know what you are doing :smiley:

Still waiting for Surface Tension and On a Rail Uncut :frowning:

I really like the singleplayer rebalance, but I’m already missing my dynamic lights on muzzles.
Those gave a lot of immersion and now shooting feels flat.

awesome, thanks!

Impressive patch! Nice work. :smiley:

Problem for Linux dedicated server[/size]

Me and a fellow server owner are not able to get our servers up and running on Linux, Debian for me, Ubuntu for him after this update.

Executing server map config file
Initializing Steam libraries for secure Internet server
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
dlopen failed trying to load:
steamclient.so
with error:
steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; unable to locate a running instance of Steam, or a local steamclient.so.

• Unable to load Steam support library.*
  • Unable to load Steam support library.*
  • This server will operate in LAN mode only.*
  • This server will operate in LAN mode only.*

We are getting this, of course we’ve set sv_lan 0 but makes no difference, please take a look at this immediately.

Edit: A quick note i’d like to add, please test your updates before release, don’t do what Valve does.

Edit2: As of now, i have not seen any Linux server that works in Black Mesa, the only servers that are running properly right now are on Windows.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.