Patch 0.0.1

We would like to thank everyone for supporting us during Early Access. Based on all of your feedback and bug reporting so far, we would like to introduce our day two patch to you, 0.0.1.

This patch contains critical bug fixes that will enhance your experience with our product. Please find the changelist below:

Changelog:

• Resolved, in some cases, rendering issues related to HDR & Full Brightness.
  • Fixed a bug causing animation issues when swimming in Multiplayer.
  • Set “English” as the default language for all in-game UI until translations are complete.
  • Fixed player spawning deaths in cases where another player has spawned on top of one another.
  • Fixed cases where multiplayer spectators spawn killing in-game players.
  • Fixed save / load keys not appearing in the keyboard bindings list.
  • Fixed quicksave / quickload key bindings not appearing in the keyboard bindings list.
  • Fixed choose team key binding not appearing in the keyboard bindings list.
    Reminder:
    Please be sure to restart your Steam client and download the latest update. Running a dedicated server? Please be sure to run an update to bring your build up to date. Players running on the new client version will not be able to connect to out of date servers.

As always, be sure to report any issues you find in our discussion forums and thank you again for the support.

Thanks a lot. Do I need to remove these

from autoexec.cfg before/after patching?

Ugh, day two patch, I pushed good money for this, I can’t believe I bought a broken game. Refund plx

At least it wasn’t a day one patch. But actually, keep these coming! I’m sure I am not alone in my uncontrollable love for patch notes! :slight_smile:

I still have Full Brightness stuck. I’ve tried the notepad trick, etc… My DX Level is v9.0, however. Not going to complain, it boosts performance greatly. It just makes it look ugly.

It’s amazing that you guys are fixing these bugs so quickly, however!

Could you please follow the instructions in this thread and see if it helps?

That failing, could you try:

mat_hdr_level 2
mat_fullbright 0

Both on the menu, then in game? And you can’t use old save games with fullbright, either.

It seems to be working now. Only the menu is on Fullbright, not the game itself. I was also booting from a save, so that might also be a bad idea. Thanks!

EDIT: On a off-topic note: Whenever I press a key on my keyboard, my mouse shuts off so i cant use it. I doubt its from Black Mesa specifically, however.

Hooray! Patch logs!

Are you using the touchpad on a laptop? Plug in a mouse and you won’t have that problem.

Well, the game is in early access. One of the major benefits of that is being able to fix bugs much more efficiently because people are actually discovering them!

More specifically: if this solution works but you’d rather not use a mouse, there might also be an option to turn this off. It’s probably a form of protection against accidental mouse movement / clicking while typing: on my laptop, it’s described as “palm detection”. In Control Panel, go to your Mouse settings. I’m guessing the option will be in the very last tab, which is named differently per mousepad / laptop manufacturer. If not, then probably under an “Advanced” button somewhere on that pane.

Thank you for the great game! I am having so much fun plaing the MP! There are some small issues, but as a whole it is really good!

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.