multiplayer/campaign ideas

what about after the release whenever that is they work on a multiplayer version? with custom modes, for instance maybe something like gears of war 3’s beast mode, or left 4 deads versus mode? like playing as monsters and fighting humans? or maybe they could make an entirely different campaign where you play as something? And what about just some fun gamemodes? like TF2’s slag server

If any multiplayer is released, it will not have those game modes. If anything, it will have deathmatch and team deathmatch along the lines of the original HLDM. New modes will have to be made by the community.

Garg Petter Mode

Awaiting Authorization: Both team’s bases have a missile silo, and have to collect signed authorization forms to launch their missile the opposing team’s base.
It would work kinda like King of the hill.

Develop & Assault: Both team needs to finish an incomplete map & weapons with textures, sounds, codes, & models scattered around the map (like power-ups) and delay the opposing team’s progress

Each team starts with an under powered crowbar that needs codes to function properly
Other weapons starts with either wrong/no sounds, textures, codes, models that need to be collected around the map for them to function properly (fire an incomplete mp5 and an error pops up and disconnect you from the server)

The map have non-functional areas ,water, ladder, buttons, etc. which have the same requirements as the weapons, but collected differently (there’s texture for each map props and weapons & wander to an unfinished area for too long and the same error pops up)

Each team’s have a self-destruct button deep inside the heavily protected base that cannot function until the other team have completed “developing” all the weapons and the map (which will make the button functional)
The first team that destroys the enemy base wins

I’m totally fine with DM/TDM when we get MP, but I would love to see custom modes for this by the community.

A hl “zombie survival” mode in black mesa, where one team is HEV suits and the other is Xen, and that team starts out with 1 headcrab would be pretty cool. You’d have to pick off a guy, then you’d take control of his body, and the guy would respawn as a headcrab, until you got enough to start advancing to another alien stage. Humans could have a tech tree for the weapons, so the longer you stay alive the better the weapons you get, with experimentals like gluon and gauss being later on. To spice it up you could even throw a HECU team into the mix, but that would probably be much harder to balance.

Needs more codes.

.hack//BLACKMESA

Now THAT would be trippy.

lul mode - try and turn up.

Search And Destroy Done Right.

Gun Game. Seriously.

Would be really interesting with all those fantasy weapons there.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a thread like this somewhere else.

Gun game’s are always fun, but there isn’t really an abundance of weapons in HL, so it mightn’t have a lot of replayability.

i cant wait to defeat reminator in bm:dm :smiley:

As long as I can run around in a bright pink labcoat, with an equally vomit-inducing green tie and trousers, I’ll be happy.

(I also dream of there being a way to customise your MP character’s face with the funky face morphing technology found in Black Mesa. :smiley: )

Yeah, I doubt it; Legend foretells of a boomerang meeting your head the second you spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_MgmAVppXU

:freeman:

Bad, because coloured models have a really nice visibility… I really hope tempcolours will be implemented… :confused:

You really are obsessed with wanting BMDM to be a hardcore DM experience for some reason.

There are literally thousands of mods and free open-source games that deliver exactly what you want.

Just get Nexuiz. Or xonotic. Or Sauerbraten. It’s all what you want. I’d say Alien Arena but there aren’t enough hitscan weapons.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.