More Hard Difficulty "specials"

I know suggestions are rarely worth submiting this far in, but I just thought it would be fun if there were more features that only popped up on hard difficulty, like how assassins can turn invisible.
Specifically it would be cool if icthyosaurs could leap from the water and drag you in on hard difficulty. The code for it should already be somewhere in the code, (in some form) since it sort of happens to the scientist in the cutscene for the tranq bow.

I know that, I was referring more to the fact that you should at least have some sort of animation that you can reference, instead of needing to go completely from scratch. Also so there is a pre-existing presidence so players can’t call bullshit on them being able to do it.

game assets don’t work that way

Codeception

The only thing that will change from Easy and Medium to Hard is the Assassins’ invisability, weapon damage, enemy health and enemy damage. That’s all we really know for now. I do hope they make Hard mode, well, hard. I thought Half-Life 2’s hard difficulty was not that difficult. But they’ll probably make it more in the vein of Half-Life 1’s hard difficulty, which is extremely brutal.

I finished NFS the run in one day on both Easy and Hard, didn’t see the difference.

I going through HL1 on hard difficulty and doesn’t seem toooooo hard, of course I’ve probably played HL an unhealthy amount of times so…

Personally, I hate when difficulty levels have different rules/features. Not to mention that I hate the assassin. The first time I played on hard I had no idea that they even could turn invisible, but if I saw one in normal lighting turn invisible than it wouldn’t have pissed me off so much.

I don’t think things should be exclusive to the different skill levels, but should change in effectiveness &/or frequency of use.

i never thought to use trip mines… thank you sir.

Sometimes they run too fast and jump to even get killed by tripmines.

i just blast the fuck out of them up close with a double blast from the good ol’ shotty.

Oh… really? damn, that sucks.

What we need is a Rainbow6 style game with 1 shot kills and insta-death. Try taking on the military when they can kill you instantly.

everyone knoes jordan freemen has bullentproof armer

Well I’m repeating myself but you can always change the damages made by weapons and the health of the ennemies.

You seplt enemies wrong.

Shoot, french here.

Fixed.

Since I killed them with guns on the other difficulty levels, I assumed I wouldn’t have any problems seeing them or shooting them on hard, so I didn’t know to change my strategy. Ever since then I simply camp in a corner with the shotgun & wait until they make themselves visible. It works just as well on every difficulty level.

Cute video. my favorite way of killing them is using crossbow only and not wasting any bolts as a self challenge.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.