Mod Version Engine Error

I’ve tried reinstalling and doing both the torrent, and the 2 zip files, but whenever I try and start the mod version of black mesa, the only thing I get is this error: 56/ - func_brush: UTIL_SetModel: not precached *14.
I have no idea what’s causing this and I created this account to try and fix this error. If anyone could help me solve this error, I would be very greatful! Thank you!

I suspect it might be a SteamPipe related issue. Something might be causing the wrong content to be mounted.

Try adding these launch options: -console -dev -condebug -conclearlog

These options won’t solve the problem, but might get you to the menu screen and bring the console up. Then type path in the console to see what content is being mounted. It should look something like this:

] path
---------------
Paths:
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\bin\" "EXECUTABLE_PATH" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\platform\" "PLATFORM" 
"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\bms\" "MOD" 
"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\bms\bin\" "GAMEBIN" 
"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\bms\" "GAME" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\hl2\bin\" "GAMEBIN" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\hl2\" "GAME" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\ep1\bin\" "GAMEBIN" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\ep1\" "GAME" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\ep2\bin\" "GAMEBIN" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\ep2\" "GAME" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\episodic\bin\" "GAMEBIN" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\episodic\" "GAME" 
"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\bms\" "DEFAULT_WRITE_PATH" 
"c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\sourcemods\bms\" "LOGDIR" 
"d:\games\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\source sdk base 2007\platform\config\" "CONFIG" 

Also, check a file called console.log (generated by -condebug) and see if there are any clues there as to what’s going on (you may need to load a map to trigger the error.)

Furthermore, do you have a VConfig environment variable set? You can override it by adding the -NoVConfig launch option. Also, check if you have any Source games/mods in your PATH environment variable (user/system). EDIT: The PATH environment variable is probably not going to affect anything unless you run hl2.exe from the Run dialog or Command Prompt.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.