Including BMS on a Valve Game Package

A while ago I suggested that the BMS team try to get Valve to include Black Mesa in one of their game packs. I thought it would be a nifty way to distribute it to a lot of people easily, and maybe even have it ported to consoles.

I just wanted to refresh this idea, given that it’s been a while since it’s been talked about and BMS is closer to completion.

Yes, because it’s just that easy.

I’m going to ask Capcom to include my right hand in one of their games, because it’s that easy.

black mesa is now maxeys right hand

So, my right hand is both unfinished and nonexistent?

So you want it to never be released then :stuck_out_tongue: ?

Maxey’s right hand hold a piece of paper with the only download mirror for Black Mesa.

Surprise, it’s Megaupload.

On a more serious note, no this probably won’t happen. VALVe is being very friendly with BM (protip VALVe told them to take away the S) but that doesn’t mean they’ll release it officially. It’s a nice pipe dream, but no.

Give me your hand, Maxey.

I want to add it to my collection.

I think it’s very likely it’ll end up on PC Gamer’s demo CD, or whoever interviewed you guys a few years ago.

Magazines still do demo discs?

I need my right hand, get your own right hand you cripples.

Your right hand is your MOUSE hand, right?

Just checking.

I like this show…

Well, Valve does have links for mods like Synergy, Zombie Panic and a few others on Steam, but then again, those probably need to be really popular and, while Black Mesa is popular, I doubt it would be easy.

It would only happen if enough people at Valve think it’s a cool thing to spend their time on and if they think it would be valuable to the customers. As it is, Black Mesa is supposed to be released as a free mod and it’ll be easily available through the usual means so there’s no reason for Valve to get involved, really.

Personally, I think it would be super cool if Valve were working on a new engine with super cool new features and had roped in the BM devs to do the Half Life section of a total remake of the series. However, that is very unlikely and just wishful thinking on my part.

And what if the engine wasn’t super cool enough?

Then… I guess… it would overheat…

:retard:

Zing!

Super cool new engine would have to work without old Quake I BSP and Valve cannot do such thing. Source and Hammer forever.

If BMS was included in a valve game then said game would never be released until about 10 years after the game was finished and without the mod due to the devs of the mod aiming for the impossible goal of 100% perfection and generally faffing about

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.