Half-Life 1 + Expansions low framerate

So I just got a new laptop that’s pretty nice, at least for what I’m used to. But the weird thing is, I’m getting a pretty low frame rate (45 fps) in Half-Life 1, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift. Which is weird because I get over 100 FPS in the stand alone version of Sven coop, which is the same engine as Half-Life. And I run other games such as Black Mesa at a pretty decent framerate at moderately high settings. I turned of VSync in the game options and in my Nvidia graphics options and that still did not fix the problem. I haven’t had this problem on any other computer and I was wondering if anyone here knows how to fix it. I made sure my graphics drivers are up to date as well. Here is what I’ve got:

Computer Type: (Star Wars Special Edition) HP Pavilion Notebook

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.59 GHz (Dual Core)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 940M
RAM: 8.00 GB
System Type: 64-Bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Resolution: 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Running on Windows 10 Home

It’s been a while since I had to deal with a laptop, but it sounds to me like HL1 goldsrc is using your integrated graphics card. I’d try looking into disabling that or forcing it to use your dedicated card instead.

Try setting the renderer / render mode to OpenGL if it isn’t already - Windows 10 tends to perform very poorly with older versions of Direct3D.

This might also be worth trying.

Modern integrated graphics cards should be able to handle games like Half-Life quite easily (assuming no compatibility problems), even at high settings / resolutions.

I figured it out, oddly enough, running it with my integrated graphics instead of the Geforce card got it to over 100 fps.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.