Got a Quick Suggestion? - Small suggestions that don't need their own thread

Well since there’s been a crash we need to revive another important thread. So post your minor suggestions here.

Where should we start, lets see, how about in the inner Blast Pit area, when your walking along the circular areas to get to the Oxygen and Fuel pumps, one of the Tentacle heads smash through the wall and freak you out.

Is coop still in the plan or was the idea abandoned?

The monster is already introduced in a ‘‘freak you out’’ way when it smashes throught the window and grabs a scientist.

Okay, a bit strict, then how about this. The grenade should act like other Phys props and get stuck on a Barnacles Tongue when thrown. Its didn’t happen in HL2 and it annoyed me.

I like.

How about the little islands rock in Xen when you jump on them. Could be used for some scripted sequences (ie. you jump on an island, it rocks, and an HEV body noiselessly slides off into the abyss.)

add custom hev skins/hev hand skins

A pistol whip/butt stroke ability?

How about just releasing the damn mod already? Seriously, stop pussy-footing around.

If I remember right, that idea was nixed prevously because it would be a new attack. Half-life already has an iconic melee attack, it doesn’t need another.

How about waiting till it’s finished? I’m pretty sure the devs aren’t ‘pussy-footing’ around.

That’s what FPSbanana is for.

You could’ve fooled me. How many years has this been going on for now? The gulf war was fought in less time.

How about you stfu.

There should be a bit where a zombie or scientist collapses thru the ceiling tiles, in Office complex or something. similar to the headcrabs, but more Oh shit-inspiring. with dust. and tiles.

Which one? If we’re talking about the one going on right now…I doubt it.

T’other one.
I’m all for BM: S, but the mod team need to realise that if they don’t decide to release soon, they’ll probably never get around to releasing it. It won the Golden Spanner in what, 2005? That’s 4 years ago! Look on all the HL2 forums - do you see anyone going “Holy crap, this’ll be awesome!” anymore? No? That’s because people have lost interest.

When you look at the amount of time Valve take to release an episode (and episodes are much shorter than HL 1), I’d say the BM team are doing OK time-wise considering it’s a volunteer team. I’m pretty sure that, even if some people have lost interest, they’ll regain it pretty quickly once BM is released and breaks the internets.

Back on topic:

I daresay the devs will have included plenty of incidents like this - the original was full of them. Dust and tiles are a given, with the prettiness of Source.

Ok, so you’ve lost interest

We should care why?

First of all, troll. Second of all, I need to rant and vent a little.

You need to shut the hell up and get a life. The mod will be done when it’s done and when the devs are sure that it isn’t a buggy, unfinished piece of crap. The devs have other jobs, you know. They do this in their free time, for absolutely no pay.

And by the way, “The gulf war was fought in less time” isn’t saying much. It was over in what, under 2 months?
As for barnacles and grenades, the devs said right before the crash that as of now, barnacles pick up everything, including grenades and the bullsquid globs. Obviously that will change, but I believe that they said that the grenade pick up will stay. Sorry I’m kind of turning this into the “got a question” thread. :slight_smile:

Anyway,
When the barney overcharges the tau cannon, maybe there should be more destruction/scorch marks in the room. Something to make it seem more like a piece of experimental weaponry exploded in the room and didn’t just happen to only destroy whatever was blocking the entrance. Obviously this would also happen when it was overcharged in other places.

I’m sure they’re doing a very good job, but the assertion that they don’t want to be tied down to a release date translates as they don’t want to keep saying “release date postponed”. Of course they have priorities about BM: S, but unless they set a deadline they’re never going to release it.

I’m not saying you should care, but maybe the dev team should.

Please to be checking the last few seconds of the official trailer.

Shrike: what sort of destruction do you mean for the scorchmarks/destruction “in other places” for tau cannon overcharges? Physics effects, scorch decals on the ground, that sort of thing? Seems like a reasonable idea, but I’m not sure if it’s as easy to implement as it sounds (could maybe apply the physics effects of a grenade going off, without the damage?).

So you’re saying that you would rather play an unfinished game than wait another few months and play a kickass game? They have set a deadline. 12/31/09 at 11:59 PM.

EDIT: Damn. Ninja’d. I was thinking mostly just scorch marks, but that grenade idea is awesome. I don’t think that it would be too hard to implement the overcharge as a grenade effect. Also having it injure people around you might be cool. But then again maybe not.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.