Get Black Mesa on Steam! We can do it!

VOTE FOR BLACK MESA ON STEAM GREENLIGHT![/SIZE]

Fellow Scientists,

We have gotten a lot of remarks, questions and demands that we get Black Mesa on Steam. In the past, the answer has always been the same…“It’s not our decision!” Well, it still isn’t our decision. But now it’s yours.

Black Mesa is now on the Steam Greenlight service. YOU can now be a part of helping get the game on Steam. Not only through your votes but through your help in getting all your friends and peers to vote for Black Mesa!

The more votes we get, the closer we will be to not only getting the game on Steam, but getting Steam integration. This doesn’t just mean easier installation and updates for everyone, but it means a host of other advantages such as Achievement Tracking, Stat tracking, Steam Cloud, (eventual) Matchmaking services, Steam Community features, and a host of other useful things.

In short, it will help us make Black Mesa more awesome for you guys! So get out there and help us do this!

[COLOR=‘YellowGreen’]You can follow the stats ],{}]"]here and here.

Note: Your Steam client or browser page must be set to English in order to vote.

Help us out on reddit!
https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/zdptj/go_thumbs_up_black_mesa_source_on_steam/

oh my god

yes

Any idea how many votes it needs?

You have my sword.

Edit: Ooh, more screenshots. YES! Really hope Valve complies.

Yes, yes, yes! I thought Greenlight was only for commercial projects, but regardless, all of my yes.

Any idea if the mod will be out on Steam when the mod releases?

No, I’m pretty sure it will include popular mods as well. But holy shit, this is great news! I’d be surprised if Valve didn’t put this on Steam regardless of Greenlight.

Hell yes! Good luck, gentlemen.

Fingers crossed, guys. Having this on Steam with all the other HL games would be awesome. It will probably be the biggest thing on Greenlight so I´d say chances are high.

This is the LEAST (and only) thing we can do as a fanbase for you devs: get you the smoothest release possible after all your hard work!

So fuck yes, Voted!

This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far

Wonder how much they already have/must get.

Also, new screenshots, it’s looking great!!

Got my vote, though for some reason it says…

This game has attained 0% of necessary positive ratings so far

I’ve been lurking this forum for years now and I’m really glad that this game is finally going to be released. I never had time to create an account, yet here I am!

Anyways, your team have done an amazing job and I’m so amazed at how much detail you have put into this mod. I’m glad that I’ll finally get to put my hands on this amazing masterpiece and I certainly hope it will be worth the wait. I’ve already voted this up on Greenlight and hope to see everyone working their hardest to keep these forums alive! I know I will be :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks to the entire mod team for being so dedicated and sticking with this for as long as you have. I understand us fans can be hard to deal with, what with all of the constant nagging for media releases and so forth, but you guys handled it really well and I hope you get all of the praise you deserve for making this amazing, amazing masterpiece.

I just hope that one day I’ll be able to find a team of people who would help me make something half as good as this!

It takes a shit ton of votes. Be patient.

I guess it just takes a while for the system to recognize the votes.

edit: 1% now. Wow, it does take a shitload of votes.

We’re at 1%!

And that’s just over an hour, and we have no idea the frequency with which the counter updates.

I read about the Valve’s greenlight update today. They now ask for a $100 fee in order to register a game for greenlight (they will relay this as a donation to Child’s Play), to safeguard from clutter/joke games. Hopefully, you guys entered before this.

Also, they changed the “Vote” button to say “I would buy this game if it were available on Steam”, which can be confusing for people -especially for the case of free mods and games. And there still seems to be an issue with the progress bar counting the required votes (I think for some games it was reset after the update) - so I don’t know what the fuck.

Regardless, I voted and tweeted.

Voted, shared on my Facebook wall.

Wait until sites like Kotaku and Rock Paper Shotgun get a hold of this, I’m sure we’ll see that percentage jump tomorrow.

Someone alert the media, or maybe not. Valve might shut it down if they catch wind of it before it reaches critical mass.

yes

yes

yes

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.