Crowbar Aesthetics

I haven’t seen any topics about this yet, but maybe as the game progresses the Crowbar could show signs of use or small damage (such as scratchs or very light human or alien blood stains). Basically, nothing too noticeable but perhaps a sign than the crowbar has had it’s fair share of use throughout the game. Also, have the model restored to look new again when Gordon has to find a new one (immediately after Apprehension). Just a little suggest. I just thought about it because there was something similar in Left 4 Dead 2.

https://www.wiki.blackmesasource.com/images/5/56/Bullsquid_spit.jpg

:awesome: whaaaattt???

I did not know that.

That. Is awesome.

Yeah that is awesome. I couldn’t find any new screenshots like that one.

I thought this topic would be something more interesting, like having the crowbar swing horizontally if the camera was moving/turning that way while you clicked. I should have known that it would be this thread again.

Well maybe we can salvage this thread to talk about that?

I think the crow bar should shoot crows

Might I ask how long is the Fade away time?

If you jump into water, can you clean the blood off, Shadow Warrior style?

“You got blood on my HEV suit”

-Orange Spy

it should have a pink ribbon at all times.

Blood stains wouldn’t fit with Half-Life cannon since the crowbar in HL2 didn’t have blood stains. Only scratches.

There’s really no solid proof that the crowbar Gordon picks up in Residue Processing isn’t the same one he had before either. The marines could have taken his guns but left the crowbar because it was just a tool and then thrown him into the trash compactor where it landed on the ledge.

And I think the time for adding new content is FAR gone now. Unless it’s something small like lighting or particle effects. Adding in something like that would cause more bugs which would delay the release. And as Raminator has said above, there’s something similar already in the game. If it where to be in the game, (which I think would be kind of cool) I would rather see something minor like that in a future build after release. :smiley:

That sounds interesting. I’m assuming it will take place over a period of time?Like in some games where blood or bullet holes appear on surfaces, they would gradually fade out over the course of like five or ten minutes.
Also, what about details such as scratches in the paint of the crowbar’s handle? I apologize for getting so into detail.

Protip: it’s not the same crowbar.

Yeah, Barney was being referential -not literal- when he said, “Hey, I think you dropped this back at Black Mesa.”

Good point. I always kind of assumed both ways because of the G-Man. Like Kleiner having Gordon’s suit. And he did take all of Gordon’s weapons at the end of HL1. But Barney apparently has a hidden stash of crowbars somewhere. Anyway, I guess you’re right. :3

Thanks for the answer Ram

u should make the blood disappear when u r in water . i think its posible

No

Of course it’s possible. It’s possible to get an effect of water running off you when you jump out of it, like in Bioshock. Doesn’t mean you should do it, though. You could equally request that Gordon moves more slowly when in a waterlogged suit, and that it chafes his nipples when it’s damp.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.