Classic Icons UI Assistance

In addition to the weapon bucket icons, I’ve been working on making ammo icons to match the models used in Juniez’ pack.

It’s going alright so far, but I’ve run into an issue that’s been bothering me. The generic ammo icons are used both for ammo counts and for pickups alike.

In vanilla BM, this isn’t really an issue as they decided to use images of the ammo’s world models, meaning they’re all in boxes or canisters for the most part.

In short I’m trying to allow for the CHudItemPickup field to use separate vtf’s from CHudWeaponPrimaryAmmo and CHudWeaponSecondaryAmmo, where applicable. Problem being I can’t make heads or tails of source’s UI framework. Anyone think they could lend me a hand?

Wonderful job!

I wish I could help you but I know nothing.As HL1 fan I want to say that it’s always nice to see more original things being implemented into BM,can’t wait to play with Juniez pack and your icons.I also subscribed on your HL1-style ammo pack in workshop.Do you have any plans to implement HL1 style HUD in Black Mesa?

Thanks, I’m glad you like it thus far.

As for the HUD, I feel like the default already does a pretty nice job. My main issue is mostly with the VGUI elements, hence the icons. Really the main differences between the two are the color-balancing / scanlines and fonts. That being said, I have been toying with the idea of replacing the health / armor icons, but all of this is fairly up-in-the-air at the moment.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.