Black Mesa Wiki - General Discussion

Here is the place to share ideas and concentrate some general discussions about what is needed to improve the Black Mesa Wiki, ongoing projects, etc.

For bugs and other issues in the wiki, please post them in a separate post in this sub-forum.

Important links (check’em often to stay up-to-date of what is happening):

I finished the edits on the Troubleshooting page, which is the collection of workarounds found here in the forums, for easy navigation. For discussion about the workarounds there please use the article’s talk page.

Apologies if this has been brought up before.

During development and on the wiki, my favorite things to see were the map overlays and in-game screenshots comparing the original HL to the Black Mesa equivalent. For the map overlays in particular, there currently seems to be ones for Inbound, On a Rail, and Surface Tension, and no others.

My questions: will the other chapters have the map overlay comparisons added in the near future (this is what I’m most interested in), and will there be any more media comparing the two? I actually feel there’s a lot of screenshots already, so videos would probably be the only thing to spotlight.

And, while highly unlikely, think anything like this could be done with the Black Mesa mod?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl2HbV3UbMs&feature=player_embedded

I’ve noticed that a good chunk of the wiki pages on enemies and weapons don’t have images of the models as they appear in the release version of Black Mesa: Source.

A quick update: I posted a walkthrough video on each chapter page to help stuck people to find their way. We already have a massive resource about tips & tricks for chapters, but sometimes a video worth more than a thousand words. :stuck_out_tongue:

(My thank you for TrevelXP, the guy who made the videos.)

Didn’t feel like making a topic, in the awards section, someone should add 2012 mod of the year.

Spambot modified your “team members” page:

https://wiki.blackmesasource.com/index.php?title=Team_Members&diff=prev&oldid=11675

They are getting smarter :fffuuu:

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.