Black Mesa Public Beta Patch - Jan 23rd

Hey guys, we’ve released a Beta Patch this afternoon for the Black Mesa Public Beta. Ontop of the previous fixes from the previous beta patches. The notes are as followed:

• Fixed extremely long loading times on game launch. Now, it should launch as quick as, if not faster than, the main version of the game
  • Fixed game_round_win Entity to actually win
  • Fixed bouncing Bolts from the crossbow in MP
  • Fixed a bug in the balanced spawn system
  • Fixed Shotgun Collision model
  • Fixed various spelling errors and missing .wav files in dialouges.
  • Fixed the Crossbows lighting origin
  • RPG rocket won’t clip with the rocket when reloading.
  • Dr. Kleiners head and hands are now properly smooth (smoooooth as jazz)
  • Fixed blood not splattering on the MP5
  • Fixed the where placing 11 satchels crashed the MP server
  • Disable Muzzleflash option will not properly work
  • Various fixes/tweeks to Crossfire

Things we know about (this list is actually much longer, but I am listing the bugs that are the most known and/or we’re currently working on fixing).

• Workshop Addon button in the main menu does not work
  • Grenade explosion time is 1second longer (We seriously don’t know whats happened).
  • Various things with the workshop still need work.
  • Various other things that I don’t have in front of me right now.
    Also: If you’re having issues with Missing textures or models and you have used mods (presently, or in the past) you will need to do the following steps to fix the missing asset problem:
  1. Unsubscribe from all Black Mesa mods
  2. Go to SteamApps\workshop\content\362890
  3. Delete all folders within this folder
  4. Restart Black Mesa, and you should be good to go.
    Once you do this, you should be able to re-subscribe to mods.

What was happening is that with the new system, there was some misdirection of filepaths based on the old system, that was leading to the missing asset problem. (It’s weird).

Anyways, thats it for now. This thread is for talking about these bugs, and these bugs only. If you have any additional bugs that you wish to report, please do so in the Crossfire Update - Known Bug List

If you don’t know how to use the Black Mesa Public Beta, read these steps: Right click on in your steam browser, click “Properties.” Go to the Beta Tab. Select “Public Beta.” You’re now in the Public Beta! If you no longer want to be part of the public beta branch, you can go back to the Beta’s tab under properties, and set your beta to “none - Opt out of all betas.” When you opt in, you’ll see a download happening, that’s perfectly normal.

Thanks everyone with your help so far. We hope to be moving all these out of the Public Beta branch, and into the main game in the next few days.

Fantastic work on the fixes, i love jazz.

That Grenade 1 second delay:
Could the Grenade animation be interfering with the sound triggers?

I’m just an amateur at these things, but i had similar issue when i made a custom sound for CSS.

It’s not a sound issue, the grenade detonation is literally 1 second longer.

I already checked with the programmer and animator about the possibility of it being an animation issue. It’s most likely not the issue. The timer is set to start based on control input, not the animation.

Sounds nice,
found since today: When you reload the Crossbow the Animations seems to be messed up. You only see the Scope: See here.
This wasnt in the Beta before. :slight_smile:

Wait, is the detonation sound file 1 second longer or is it longer in the game?
Of course the first is highly unlikable, what would cause a sound file to extend its duration?
But i’m telling you, something must be interfering with the grenade itself.I don’t know what it might be,
but my other guess could be the scripts.

This crossbow bug is very annoying.

General rule of thumb for when you report something: Please outline what you were doing when it happens. “Reloading the Crossbow” is actually not specific enough.

A couple of us on the team tried to replicate this, and we’re unable to do it.
Have you done what I said to do for mods in the main post?
Where you on a specific map
Do you have any settings set that affect the crossbow? Classic?
What are your system specs?

Cant seem to replicate this… as per joe’s comment… can you give us more info - thanks

My System:

Graphic Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970M
Graphic Driver Version: 10.18.13.5582
RAM: 8 GB
Direct X: Version 12.0
CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ @ 2,60 GHz

Bug happens on every MP Map. No Workshop addons are subscribed.

I also noticed on MP that People Respawn with their own Skins, in Team Deathmatch, not HEV or Military Suit. Also on different Maps.

Could you explain a bit more though on what you’re doing to get this bug. We need more info so that we can try to replicate it. If anyone else is having this problem, could you explain a bit more also?

We’ll look into the TDM skin match this afternoon.

I just press “r” for reloading. :slight_smile:

Well, based on what you’ve told us, we can’t replicate it yet, so we can’t necessarily fix it.

Sooooo anything more would be great.

I think it happens because i play on Servers without Beta Update. When i host a Game by my own the bug dont appear.

Just for clarification: Have you ever had any mods? If you have had some in the past, could you run through these steps (if you haven’t already) and then tell me if the bug still persists?

Also: If you’re having issues with Missing textures or models and you have used mods (presently, or in the past) you will need to do the following steps to fix the missing asset problem:

1. Unsubscribe from all Black Mesa mods
  2. Go to SteamApps\workshop\content\362890
  3. Delete all folders within this folder
  4. Restart Black Mesa, and you should be good to go.
    Once you do this, you should be able to re-subscribe to mods.

Founded in 2004, Leakfree.org became one of the first online communities dedicated to Valve’s Source engine development. It is more famously known for the formation of Black Mesa: Source under the 'Leakfree Modification Team' handle in September 2004.